Saturday, March 5, 2011

Addendum

Since we have breakfast for dinner on the regular at our house, I'm always eager to try mixing things up. I'm happy to report the following two smashing successes from my kitchen to yours.
1-Cornmeal waffles + blueberry compote- these waffles are lightly crispy, have a pleasant crunch and the blueberries are an essential finishing touch. Make the basic buttermilk waffle recipe found here, but substitute one cup cornmeal for one cup of flour. Beat the egg whites as directed in the original recipe. Again, courtesy of my food crush, Mr. Mark Bittman himself.
2- And this is a big one people. I recently aquired some Bacon from Trader Joes, quite accidentally I assure you. It was uncured, which I was unsure about (would it be good, bad, too hippie or just delicious?) Well after trying it with the aforementioned waffles, I am giving it my full endorsement. This stuff is amazing, and reasonably priced. (Cheaper than many inferior brands if you want to get right down to it.) Do yourself a favor and go buy some now. Try it with breakfast, on a sumptuous BLT, in a green bean and potato salad or just by itself! You won't be disappointed!

1 comment:

  1. i think in the future instead of having blogs you can read, they should make blogs you can eat. yuummmm

    ReplyDelete